Monday, July 14, 2008

Repo! The Genetic Opera

Okay, so I have to admit I'm a super-sucker for A) Musicals and B) Anthony Stewart Head, who
played Giles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and is also the brother of Murray Head, who sang "One Night in Bangkok" among others.

This.

Looks.

Insane.


It also looks like the kind of thing that's destined to fail miserably at the box office. Like Sweeny Todd but without the draw of Jonny Depp and without any kind of mystery that it'll be a gruesome massacre of a film.

Still, I'm definitely going to go see it.

People who definitely wont see it: I'm going to guess Sara, probably Andrew, and actually most of the people here.

Also, it has Paris Hilton in it. I can only hope that she dies gruesomely, and from an offhand comment thrown out by the director in an interview for the movie, I believe she, in fact, does. Bonus!

3 comments:

Thom said...

That's jacked up!

shinysara said...

I'm almost tempted to see it, just to laugh at paris hilton trying to act and sing. I don't think I could handle all the dark goriness of it though. I look forward to hearing your review!

Unknown said...

The first thing that came to mind after I watched that trailer was that it had everything Rob loves rolled into one - musical theater, some goth/emo people, violence, fucked up chicks, and a fucked up story line.