Friday, August 03, 2007

teaching and friends

So I'm gonna begin my professional career in about three weeks, so if no one hears from me, it'll be because teaching will be eating up my life. I'm enjoying the last couple weeks of my summer in a tempered fashion, since weekends don't really belong to anything but worry anymore. It's basically going to be a coordinated car crash, and I'm like the new stunt driver on the block. First, I'm coaching soccer and I haven't even played for9 years, at which point I was only good enough for the freshman B team. NOTE: I'm coaching the freshman B team.
Second, I'm teaching two classes I've never taught before: Psychology and Chicago History. They'll both be interesting and they have their upsides, but I'm just going to be happy in a year when I move out and don't have to worry about going back to a catholic school for another year. I'm just ready to retire, I think. All this thinking about work has really exhausted me. I've even done some prep work and I haven't even gotten paid for it! Ahhh I'm a teacher. What did I sign up for? So if I don't talk to you all much in the next year, that's why. I really want to, but God kinda will own my soul. For once.
I'm tired, so I'm heading to bed. I hope everyone's doing well, especially you, Ben, since I hear from you least often.

Love,
Andrew

1 comment:

Thom said...

God can't own your soul! I do!!!