Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Diamond! Brilliant!

I know I just posted on here, but I had something else I wanted to share with you all that I thought deserved it's own entry.

Since you can't hear my music from down the hall anymore and come over to ask me what that fuckin' badass song is, I figured I'd start the online equivalent of that here and let you all know what music i'm excited about.

With that said, I hope you all know the greatness that is "Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon", "Forever in Blue Jeans" and "Lonely Lady #17" (not to mention other classics) by Neil Diamond. Lord knows I loved those songs until I made my mom and dad's copy of his Greatest Hits skip and now that he has a new album out I have something to live for again.

Mr. Diamond's new album 12 Songs, which was released yesterday, is one of lyrical restraint and maturity. Mostly comprised of candid words and Neil's own strummings (this is special because he's been using a studio guitarist for a while now), you can't help but feel like this wonderful man wrote these songs simply to share his knowledge of life with you over cigarettes and a bottle of whisky. (Did I mention the album was produced by Rick Rubin?)

If you still think this is some kind of joke, go to Neil's myspace site, friend him up and down, and hear the album for yourself. Just listen to his honesty and you'll believe all over again.

1 comment:

Thom said...

Yeah Diamond!

I want to be like those dudes from that movie where they're all in a Diamond cover band... better yet, I want to BE the Diamond.