Sunday, July 03, 2011

Story of My Life

Sometimes I feel like I am reconstructing my life ever so slowly. I once had a good job in my field before that industry did a nose-dive and I made some bad decisions; I once produced a brand-new major work of writing every year; and I once had a girlfriend. Now I'm taking small steps to regain those things: I recently accepted a part-time copy editor position and started my own editorial business; I'm trying to write something big every day and I hope to attend grad school for a creative writing MFA soon; and I keep going on dates with no love connections being made. In other words, I'm working my way back to where I once was; I am reconstructing my life. So far, it's all a way too gradual work-in-progress. I'm getting impatient...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd say you're doing as well as you can, Thom. You keep trying, and that's all one can ask. I think it's fantastic that you've got your own company now. Really awesome. And I think it's always important to keep in mind how bad things could be instead. It's nice there were options for fallback, and I am always thankful that I have so many friends around too, you included. You're going to turn out great, Thom. Just keep busy.