Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Roll Call

So, where is everyone now anyway?

Me, I'm still in Madison WI doing that grad school thing. Talk about a never-ending life as a student. Say I went to pre-school or something when I was around 5, that means I've been in school for 20 years. What? Yeah, twenty years! What do I have to show for it? Well, some pieces of paper proclaiming I completed some degrees. There is more to it than that though. Academic pursuits seem to mesh well with my personal outlook. Anyway, how many of you are thinking about/planning for/already doing grad school? Continuing school can be a great thing, or just a horrible pain. Sometimes it is both.

Oh, for you math wiz kids out there, yes, I hit QC this year!

3 comments:

jp said...

I'm thinking about the grad skool thing.. but not for another few years.. I wasn't really thinking about it until Google said that they pretty much only hire people with PhDs..

So. More schooling on the way, but I need some money first (don't we all?).

jp said...

by the way, when do you graduate from madison? seems like forever since you left us..

Matt said...

Well, I got my master's last May, this Sept I passed my PhD qualifying exam. So, maybe never. 8oP